The Great Game Work-Out
Ten days through six workshops over four months
If your intention is to implement Open Book Management in your organisation, and you like the idea of acquiring in-depth, intensive learning and then implementing all the concepts over a period of four months then this is the right strategy for you.
In this Great Game Work-Out you will work with at least three other people from your organisation and learn together - with the expertise, experience and guidance of our Work-Out coaching team - how to implement The Game in your own organisation. You’ll then work together with your team to execute your implementation plans in your business in-between workshop sessions.
Whilst each participating organisation will have its own workspace at the Work-Out, we will encourage you all to also share your thinking, insights, experiences and learning with other Implementation Teams from other (non-competing) organisations attending the Great Game Work-Out.
Each Work-Out Group will form a community of companies working individually and together, sharing best practices and holding each other accountable. This will be a group of like-minded organisations that provide a support network that truly understands the challenges and rewards of running a workplace “Open-Book”. The benefits will be community, accelerated learning and results!
- Conduct financial meetings that energise the team by creating interesting educational, action-based “Huddles”
- Accelerate performance through well-designed “Recognition and Reward” practices
- Create highly visible and dynamic “Scoreboards” that consistently inform your team whether they are winning or losing
- Move from top down planning to reality-based “High Involvement Planning”
- Use a three-step process to select and define your “Critical Number”
- Use the power of the “Rolling Forecast” and make it work in your organisation.
- “Act on the Right Drivers” to impact your Critical Number and key financial and operational results
- Cascade your “Critical Number” and align everyone to what is critical to success in your organisation
- Clearly communicate financial information for maximum impact and broad participation
- Consistently link rewards and recognition to what is important for the organisation
- Create a “Communication Rhythm” that ensures accountability and promotes action
- Communicate “Forward Looking Financial and Performance Forecasting” using the 80/20 Principle
- Jump start your Game and generate an immediate return-on-investment with a “Mini-Game” challenge
- Learn from the experience of other companies who have implemented The Great Game of Business.
Who Should Attend
- Company leadership teams tasked with implementing the Great Game in their organisations.
- Internal Great Game Champions charged with applying and sustaining open-book initiatives.
- May 16, June 6 & 7, 27, September 18 & 19, October 10, November 7 & 8
- England - Venue TBC
- (2017) November 20, December 12 & 13, (2018) January 11, 12, 29 & 30, February 20, March 12 & 13
- England - Venue TBC
- (2018) March 27, April 17 & 18, May 8, 9, 29 & 30, June 20, July 11 & 12
- Implementation teams of 4 people, £22,500 total for the coure
- The full workshop consists of 10 days over 4 months. Four of the workshop modules are 2 day residential courses.
Please register for the dates of your choice using the button below.Book Workshop Now
- Pre Work-Out Financial Analysis and business Benchmarking.
- Management and Staff Great Game Practices Survey (pre and post Work-Out).
- Participation in a one-day Business Essentials business simulation.
- All Work-Out meals and refreshments along with all programme materials.